The Canadian Energy Pipeline Association (CEPA) represents Canada’s transmission pipeline companies who operate approximately 117,000 kilometres of pipeline in Canada and 14,000 kilometres in the United States. These energy highways move approximately 1.2 billion barrels of liquid petroleum products and 5.4 trillion cubic feet of natural gas each year. Our members transport 97 per cent of Canada’s daily crude oil and natural gas from producing regions to markets throughout North America.
CEPA’s mission is to enhance the operating excellence, business environment and recognized responsibility of the Canadian energy transmission pipeline industry through leadership and credible engagement between member companies, governments, the public and stakeholders.
Increase the safety, transparency and accountability of the industry
1. Develop and implement operational practices focused on raising industry performance
2. Increase accountability and transparency through improved reporting, and by developing and implementing industry-wide metrics aligned with regulators
3. Expand the breadth and impact of CEPA’s Integrity First program
Improve CEPA’s business environment
1. Develop and execute an industry-wide strategy to improve regulatory alignment, transparency and sustainability
2. Strengthen relationships with key stakeholders in policy areas affecting the industry
Communicate with key stakeholders to improve trust and credibility
1. Execute a focused communications and outreach strategy predicated on CEPA priorities
2. Strengthen CEPA’s media presence nationally
Increase the exchange of ideas and best practice in select areas related to performance, business environment and technology
1. CEPA convenes important dialogues between industry, government, regulators and NGOs